“Pupils’ love of learning shines through at Halcyon. Leaders’ ambition for pupils to achieve their potential is high. Pupils’ quality of work is excellent. Pupils are respectful, self-confident, independent and quietly determined.”
We are pleased to share that, following our Ofsted inspection in March, Halcyon has - once again - been rated ‘Outstanding’ in all categories.
Read the full report here!
We are proud that our team continues to deliver an exceptional education to our students. Since our previous inspection, our pioneering learning community has continued to flourish; increasing in numbers and enjoying an ever-expanding range of services and programmes.
As we have grown, we have gone above and beyond in maintaining our high educational standards; achieving an ‘Outstanding’ rating in five key areas:
- Quality of education: “The broad curriculum is exceptionally well designed to support pupils’ academic achievement and personal development. It meets the needs of pupils well in both the middle years and those studying diploma programmes.”
- Behaviour and attitudes: “Pupils are exceptionally polite and courteous. They get on well and are respectful of each other’s differences, uniqueness and views. They are keen learners who are rarely distracted, and they develop highly positive relationships with staff.”
- Personal development: “Pupils become independent and confident learners, developing perseverance and self-esteem. Pupils are well prepared for the next stages of their education.”
- Leadership and management: “Leaders and staff work exceptionally well. Together, they provide pupils with an excellent quality of education."
- Sixth-form (Diploma) provision: “Teachers are highly expert in their subjects. They are skilled in the delivery of the International Baccalaureate curriculum. They teach with great enthusiasm. This helps pupils gain deep knowledge and understanding across all subjects.”
We would like to thank our staff, our students and our families for sharing our commitment to building an outstanding learning environment. We could not be so successful without the support we have from everyone in our community.