Stage 1 Application Form
The first step to applying to Halcyon
To support you in the application process, please read the following carefully before beginning the Stage 1 application form.
Halcyon’s criteria for applicants:
Halcyon seeks students who evidence the academic skills and competencies to thrive in an International Baccalaureate environment recognised for its academic rigour and diverse assessment methods. Prospective students will need to demonstrate
1. strong academic performance, as determined by school reports/transcripts/references and, if necessary, an indicative assessment at Halcyon
2. good intrapersonal skills, self-discipline and a curious, independent sense of inquiry
3. good interpersonal skills, the ability to collaborate effectively with peers and adults and to build positive social connections
4. positive engagement with extra- or co-curricular activities
5. personal engagement with activities which support the community.
Applicants and their parents should have an active commitment to the International Baccalaureate curriculum, including a commitment to learning an additional language.
6. students must have sufficient English language proficiency to be able to access learning. The school reserves the right not to admit applicants whose
command of English would not allow them to access the curriculum and have a reasonable opportunity for success.
7. applicants for whom there has not been a full, accurate, disclosure of educational records, including all previous psychological/educational testing,
will not be considered for admission.
As a day school, Halcyon requires that each student be living with his or her parent/s, or legal guardian, who must be legally resident in the UK. All applicants must possess the appropriate UKVI Tier 4 sponsor. Halcyon London International School is a UKVI Tier 4 Sponsor and is able to sponsor visas for suitable applicants who meet the admissions criteria.
The School will not offer a place if, after all reasonable adjustments have been made, the School will not be able to provide adequately or appropriately for the child’s physical and educational needs or promote the child’s well-being. It is assumed that newly-enrolled students will automatically progress through the School, subject to him/her meeting the required standards of behaviour and progress.
For your application:
- Please complete a separate form for each student.
- There is a non-refundable Application Fee of £200 per student. We will send you payment details upon receipt of your completed application form.
- The form must be completed in one session. There is no timeout so you can take a short break, and return to your screen. Your browser should remember your data if you close the tab and return later, however, it can depend on your settings so we advise you keep the tab open until you have submitted.
As we have a rolling admissions process, applications are reviewed as completed. Therefore it is greatly appreciated if you could complete this at your earliest convenience.
Should you any difficulties with the online form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org